Saturday, July 19, 2008

One week left

With only one week left and three championship games to be left, I find myself reflecting on the past season. Congrats to all the teams who survived the season and to all those that were injured, may your injuries heal quickly. The time each of us have to play football lessens with each passing year. Enjoy these rare moments as you will miss them when they are gone. A special congratulations goes out to all the teams that played well enough to make the playoffs. Playing football is hard but playing good football is even more difficult.

I will be in Chicago next week to see the IWFL championship games. Good luck to each team. I am glad to have another season passing but will miss the remarkable year I was a part of with the Quake. We worked hard and won some games. I look forward to what the future holds but will enjoy my offseason for as long as possible. For those that don't know, #5 Monique "Wheels" Zaky was the leading rusher in the IWFL. She had a phenomenal year and gets better every year. While she gets all of the credit, stats and accolades, I want to send a very big thank you to the rotation of offensive line we had this year. Each of you contributed to her leading the league and that is something you should be proud of. So thank you and congrats! Here is a little highlight video of performance this year.



For those that listen to the show on Wednesday's, this weeks show is a big one as I will preview each of the championship games in detail. I have seen film on four of the six teams and have first hand knowledge of two of these teams. I hope everyone is listening this Wednesday and feel free to call in and make predictions. I can always be reached via email at headcoach@californiaquakefootball.com. The number to call in for 3rd & Long is 347.826.7278.

Until the next post then.

No comments: