Thursday, September 25, 2008

NCAA Top 15

Hey everyone, I know it has been awhile since I blogged but I have been very busy. For those that do not listen to my show, I am a college football fanatic. It is the love of my life. So much so, I purchased season tickets this year for my school, FSU. I live in California, and yes, I am talking about Florida State University, not Fresno State. They have 7 home games this year and I am attending four of them. I just got back from the first and boy was I disappointed. My team lost because the offense could not find a rhythm and players kept committing stupid penalties. The defense played out of their minds. How else can you describe allowing 4 FG's when your offense turns the ball over 7 times. Erg!

Onto what the title says, my top 15 teams in the NCAA FBS Division (aka D1). I rank after four weeks have been played and pay no consideration to what the experts or other polls say because they are predetermined based off of nothing. I base mine after four weeks of play. So without further adu here it is:

  1. Georgia Bulldogs (4-0) Survived South Carolina and dominated Arizona State after traveling father in one trip than they had in the past 10 years combined. Big test against Alabama this weekend.
  2. Missouri Tigers (4-0) Out to prove that the best defense is a strong offense. So far so good, plus a quality win over Illinois.
  3. Alabama Crimson Tide (4-0) One sloppy game (Tulane) after a huge win (Clemson), but the real measuring stick will be against Georgia.
  4. Oklahoma Sooners (3-0) Total domination of every opponent in all aspects of the game against nobodies. What can they do against TCU and that highly ranked defense?
  5. LSU Tigers (3-0) Only played one real game but managed a victory on the road against a talented Auburn team.
  6. Penn State Nittany Lions (4-0) Have won by an amazing 43 points a game against no one, that's what you call taking care of business. Let the comparison begin this weekend after they play Illinois. *Update - they slaughtered an Oregon State team that just beat USC
  7. Southern California Trojans (2-0) Two games in four weeks, the PAC-10 is a joke but one slip up in 8 consecutive weeks will cost them a shot. The schedule maker should then be fired if they happen to lose. *Update - They lost to Oregon State on the Thursday night game.
  8. Wisconsin Badgers (3-0) Survived Fresno State thanks to the inability of the "other" FSU to make a FG. October will make or break them.
  9. Texas Longhorns (3-0) Demolished 3 opponents and had one game postponed. I won't fault them but would have liked to compare them with Alabama.
  10. South Florida Bulls (4-0) Seem to play to the level of their opponent, could end up catching up to them. They have won in all so far.
  11. Wake Forest Deamon Deacons (3-0) Without San Swank this team is 1-2, but thanks to his FG's they squeaked by Ole Miss and FSU. They are the pride of the ACC, lol.
  12. Florida Gators (3-0) Haven't played anyone yet and do not have a running game to speak of. Despite winning were not impressive against a young Miami team.
  13. Brigham Young Cougars (4-0) Eight straight quarters of scoreless football for their opponents after surviving Washington. Is that a statement? Must keep winning to bust the BCS.
  14. Texas Tech Red Raiders (4-0) Easiest schedule of any BCS school so far, but they have managed victories while their defense keeps improving.
  15. Kansas Jayhawks (3-1) Played South Florida close and was handed a defeat. Thye have a rough schedule ahead of them and this may be the only time they are ranked by me all year.
Waiting to join to rankings should anyone slip up.
  • Utah - Will most likely have to wait until collision with BYU at end of season.
  • TCU - Beat OU and you are in, play them close and earn some respect.
  • Boise State - Real test will be season finale against Fresno State.
  • Auburn - Get by a surprising Vandy team and look forward to the end of the season where it is back loaded. YIKES!
  • Colorado - Three brutal weeks in a row to prove themselves; FSU, Texas and Kansas. Beat two or all three and people will recognize you.
  • Vanderbilt - Beat Auburn to prove you belong in the polls.
Overrated in the polls
  • Ohio State - Will most likely lose four games this year. It really depends on how quickly the phenom develops.
Feel free to correct, bash or ridicule me. these are my opinions based of what I have seen. My Saturday's are spent watching college football from dawn to midnight. I have seen every team play and feel as though I am very unbiased in these rankings.

Maybe I will post more often with updates on these rankings. It all depends on the kind of reaction I get from all of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you don't get any real votes... are you nuts??? Well, at least I will be able to say I told you so when we are playing for the SEC Championship the first weekend in December (after we beat Georgia November 1). No running game? You must not have seen Moody highlights from the Tennessee game since you were in a stupor after scoring all of those field goals in Tally. Besides, the Gator stats are a little lopsided since we are giving ap AT LEAST one possession a game becuase our special teams are scoring - give your fellow High School Alum Brandon James some love!! I know you are biased - but get real!!